Terms and Conditions of Entry
The following are the terms and conditions of entry to the House of Travel Hawkes Bay Tour. These terms are not negotiable and by making an entry to the event via the website registration system on behalf of House of Travel Hawkes Bay Tour you are hereby acknowledging your acceptance of our terms and conditions (For competitors under 18, a parent or guardian must accept).
WARNING: This is a legal document that affects your rights, if you are uncertain or uncomfortable with some of the condition of registration then we recommend that you obtain advice to ensure you understand and accept the conditions of entry.
I agree to participate in this event on the following basis:
- I acknowledge that during the event all roads will be open to other traffic.
- I agree to obey all traffic laws at all times.
- I agree to wear an approved safety helmet for the duration of the event.
- I agree to keep clear of the roadway at drink stops.
- I acknowledge that NO aero bars are to be used in bunches.
- I acknowledge that there will be a cut off time of five hours for rider support and marshals and that after this five hour period my finishing time might not be recorded.
- I understand that while there will be marshals on the course it is my responsibility to know the event route. I agree to follow the directions of marshals and other race officials on the course.
- I acknowledge that competitive sporting events involve the real risk of serious injury or even death from various causes including overexertion, equipment failure, dehydration, accidents with other competitors, spectators or road users, and course or weather conditions and other causes.
- I understand that I should not participate in this event unless I have trained appropriately and will be in a fit state to complete the event safely. I acknowledge that if I am aware of an existing medical condition and uncertain of my state of fitness then a medical practitioner should verify my physical condition.
- By participating, I accept all risks necessarily flowing from my participation that could result in injury, loss of life or permanent injury. Accordingly, I release all persons or corporations associated directly or indirectly with the conduct of the event from all claims demands and proceedings arising out of my participation and I hereby indemnify them against, all liability (including liability for their negligence and negligence of others) for all injury, loss or damage arising out of or connected with my participation in this event. This release shall extend to and include Hawkes Bay Tour Incorporated, event sponsors, event marshals and their respective directors, partners, managers, officers, agents, contractors, employees and volunteers including event medical and paramedical personnel. This release and indemnity continues forever and binds my heirs, executors, personal representatives and assigns.
- I consent to receiving any medical treatment including ambulance transportation that event organizers and or medical personnel think desirable during or after the event, at my own expense.
- Safety precautions undertaken by organisers (such as course supervision and race safety briefings) are a service to me and other participants but are not a guarantee of safety.
- I agree that if the event is cancelled due to storm, rain, inclement weather, winds or other ‘Act of God’ conditions or safety concerns, or if I do not participate in the event for any other reason, my entry fee shall be non refundable.
- My entry is not transferable to other people. Any attempt to transfer my entry or allow another person to participate under my name may result in total cancellation without refund.
- Event organisers may change the event format, course or other race conditions at their discretion. If that occurs, this agreement applies to the changed conditions.
- I agree to abide by all event results and directions issued by the event organiser and/or the relevant sport’s governing body.
- I certify I will attend a pre-event briefing on event day that I will abide by.
- I acknowledge and consent to photographs and electronic images being taken of me before, during or after the event by an official representative of the event organiser. I acknowledge and agree that such photographs and electronic images are owned by the event organiser and that the event organiser and event sponsors may use the images, my name and my performance for promotional broadcasting, reporting purposes and/or other purposes at any time by any form of media without my further consent being necessary. The event organiser is not responsible for photographs and electronic images taken by persons who are not an official representative of the event organiser.
- I agree to my name and contact details being included on the event database which will be used to inform me of Hawkes Bay Tour news and may be used by the organisers for reasonable promotional purposes (In accordance with the terms of the Privacy Act 1993.)
- I accept that the organisers may collect information for event administration purposes.
- I am fully responsible for the security of my personal possessions at the event.
- I certify that I am 18 years of age or older, or I am the parent/legal guardian of a child under the age of 18 and I have read this document and understand and accept the terms and conditions it contains.